Are you looking for a way to control the extreme heat that can be found in the average garage? A good way to solve this problem is to install one of the best garage ceiling fans. As there are many types of ceiling fans and brands available right now, this article will provide you with guidance to choose the right to fit your garage along with the reviews of 10 best garage ceiling fans.
Best garage ceiling fans usually work best to create airflow and reduce heat trap in your garage. Generally, to get the best ceiling fan, you have to focus.
Size: As there is no one size fits all. You should invest time in considering the right size of the fan for your garage. most standard garages will require a large ceiling fan with a blade span of 50 to 60 inches. For a large garage over 400 ft2, a blade span over 62 inches is recommended.
Moisture protection: For outdoor garage usage, your ceiling fan should be rated as either a damp fan (resistant to humid) or a wet-rated fan (can handle snow and rain). A dry-rated fan is good for dry indoor spaces.
Airflow: Its measurement is CFM, which stands for Cubic Feet per Minute. The larger space (or garage), the more airflow the ceiling fan should feature. 1K-3K CFM is recommended for garage smaller than 144 ft², 5K-13K for garage bigger than 400 ft².
Now that you know the three main features to choose from a good garage ceiling, here are the reviews of the top 10 best garage ceiling fans available right now for your consideration.
10. Minka-Aire Xtreme H20 65″ Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Starting our list at number 10 is Minka-Aire Xtreme H20 65″ Ceiling Fan. It comes in a white flat, brushed nickel and oil rubbed bronze 8-blade design, with a blade span of 65”, perfect for any larger space exterior garage. It features a 123mm x 30mm DC motor and RC400 full-function handheld remote control for convenient usage.
The design of the Xtreme H20 allows you to customize the look of your fan whether you want it higher close to the ceiling or low profile ceiling with six down rods option. It is wet location rated, perfect for the outdoor garage. It has an airflow of 3.8K-9K CFM using only 6-52Watts of power. You can activate the fan over voice control or remote.
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish
- 65″ 8-Blade Design, 3.8K-9K CFM for larger garage space
- Voice-Activated and Remote Control Included
9. Honeywell Xerxes Ceiling Fans
Next on our list at number 9 is Honeywell Xerxes Ceiling Fans. This ceiling fan comes with a fancy contemporary design with a bold body and dual-finish fan blades. With 3 speed, powerful and quiet motor, the reversible airflow feature allows you to quickly change the direction of the fan, for proper distribution of air. Enjoy the dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan.
The fan comes with a fully-integrated LED board to light up your garage with 2700k color temperature and dimmable 10% to 100%. Easily switch between the 3-speed settings of your fan as well as the light output all from the convenience of an easy-to-use included remote control. It is also compatible with Google Home for digital home integration. The fan has a limited lifetime warranty.
- With 3 speed, powerful and quiet motor, the reversible airflow
- Integrated dimmable LED with remote control, compatible with Google Home
- Adjustable multi-position ceiling fan, limited lifetime warranty
8. Westinghouse Lighting 7861400 Industrial Ceiling Fan
Moving on to 8th place is the Industrial 56-inch ceiling fan from Westinghouse Lighting. This garage ceiling fan is durably constructed for industrial, commercial, and residential applications. Well-recognized for its modern, mechanical appeal, this ceiling fan comes with a five-speed wall control unit and a sleek brushed nickel finish. This fan is specifically designed for the high-ceiling garage; it must be hung at least 10 feet above the floor.
Featuring a high-quality motor, deliver powerful air movement of 5370CFM and quiet performance, the wall control ceiling fan offers easy operation of 5 speed on/off fan control. It only consumes 69 watts’ energy at an efficiency rate of 78CFW/W. It has 15-year limited motor warranty and a two-year warranty on all other parts
- Durably constructed for industrial, commercial and residential applications
- The five-speed wall control unit, powerful air movement of 5370CFM
- Energy-efficient, 15 years limited motor warranty and a two-year warranty on all other parts
7. Westinghouse Lighting 7800300 Jax Modern Industrial Ceiling Fan
Next on our list is another durable Westinghouse Industrial ceiling fan. This 7800300 Jax model comes with 56” Three-Blade with modern design to fit well in your garage. For mechanical appeal, the Industrial fan has a brushed nickel finish with black steel blades and a four-speed wall control unit. Perfect for high ceiling garage.
This Jax model is intended to circulate air more powerfully than standard ceiling fans; it features a strong airflow of 6,846 CFM so it must be hung at least 10 feet above the floor. This fan creates a comfortable environment for any activity. It efficiently operates at 60 watts on high speed, giving it an airflow efficiency rating of 113 cfm per watt. The Westinghouse Industrial fan is backed by a 15-year limited warranty on the motor and a 2-year warranty.
- Brushed nickel finish with black steel 56” Blades, and a four-speed wall control unit
- Strong airflow of 6,846 CFM, 60 watts’ energy on high speed
- 15-year limited warranty on the motor and a 2-year warranty
6. Ciata Lighting Industrial Ceiling Fan
At 6th place in Industrial Ceiling Fan from Ciara Lighting. Manufactured for long-lasting and substantial durability, the Ciata Lighting Industrial 56 Inch Three Blade Ceiling Fan has been designed with durable steel specifically to provide excellent airflow to cool your garage. It is listed ETL safety standard for indoor garage.
The Ciara Industrial Fan includes an excellent airflow of 5972.83CFM and an airflow efficiency rating of 97 cfm per watt, using only 62 watts of energy without light. This is perfect for a large space garage with a high ceiling. The fan features a cold-rolled steel motor with a single capacitor for powerful air circulation, 265 RPM, and Ampere 0.52 respectively. The Industrial fan features 5-speed wall control and also includes a ball hanger installation system for easy installation.
- Excellent airflow of 5972.83CFM and airflow efficiency rating of 97 cfm per watt
- Cold rolled steel motor with a single capacitor for powerful air circulation, 265 RPM
- Long-lasting and substantial durable steel blade
- 5-speed wall control and also includes ball hanger installation system
5. Fanimation Ascension FP6717BN Ceiling Fan
At number 5 is Fanimation Ascension FP6717BN Ceiling Fan. This fan comes with 52” four-blade made of sturdy steel that delivers ultra-powerful air movement of 6669 CFM. For a perfect fit in your house, this Fanimation fan can be installed flexibly in an indoor or outdoor garage as it is rated for dry and damp locations.
This fan is good for install at your garage with a high ceiling with Height Distance from Ceiling to Bottom of the Fan at 13.49″ with multiple down rod options. The fan’s motor is conveniently quiet with 3 reversible speeds. This reversible motor allows you to change the direction of your fan from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter and cutting down on energy costs. The product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty.
- 52” four-blade made of sturdy steel that delivers ultra-powerful air movement of 6669 CFM
- Indoor/outdoor, rated for dry and damp locations
- The motor is conveniently quiet with 3 reversible speeds
- Energy-efficient, manufacturer’s warranty
4. Prominence Home Abner Vintage Ceiling Fan
Ranking at 4th place is the Vintage Ceiling Fan from Prominence. This fan features a vintage style, a warm espresso body, and dual-finish fan blades, that would elevate your garage air flow with a brand new transitional fan! This ceiling fan is damp rated, enabling it to be hung both indoors as well as covered outdoor. It has a fully-integrated LED clear schoolhouse globe light fixture with Edison bulb.
This fan has a powerful motor with airflow power of more than 6000CFM and 3 reversible speeds. The fan can be run in the winter for warm air and cutting down on energy costs. The reverse airflow feature allows you to quickly change the direction of the fan. With this fan, you can enjoy the dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan according to your preference of lower profile or higher ceiling fan.
- Powerful airflow of 6000CFM, and 3 reversible speeds
- Features a vintage style, a warm espresso body, and dual-finish fan blades
- Energy-saving, and integrated LED Edison light
- Dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan
3. Emerson CF765BS Ceiling Fan
Moving on to our top 3 is the ceiling fan from Emerson, the CF765BS Model. This ceiling fan features an energy-efficient motor and durably crafted blades for a massive 7530 CFM airflow with 79 Watt Energy. The 60” tri-blade fan is engineered to withstand daily use. This reversible ceiling fan aims to reduce your energy usage during heating and cooling seasons.
For an industrial vibe in your garage, the Loft’s airfoil blades create a downtown feel and efficient solution for air comfort. Take note that this ceiling fan is not ideal for damp location, so it is perfect to use in a covered dry indoor garage. It is perfect for high ceiling applications with 6″ down rod, and a zinc hanging ball and bracket for durability that minimizes wobble and provides superior stability. It comes with four-speed wall control and hands remote.
- V durably crafted blades for a massive 7530 CFM airflow with 79 Watt Energy
- To reduce your energy usage during heating and cooling seasons.
- airfoil blades create a downtown feel and efficient solution for air comfort
- 6″ downrod, and a zinc hanging ball and bracket for durability
- Four-speed wall control and hand remote.
2. Casa Vieja Turbina Modern Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Now moving on two the 2nd best on our list is the 60″ Casa Vieja Turbina Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan. This large ceiling fan is a great look for mid or large size garage in a Mid-Century modern or industrial-themed home. It has a large 60″ blade span with a 22-degree blade pitch for massive airflow of 5627 CFM and consumes only 19 Watts energy.
This fan must be mounted at least 10 feet from the floor, perfect for high ceiling garage with 6” down rod. It is listed for damp locations so you can install this fan in a covered outdoor garage. For your convenience, it includes a 6-speed handheld remote control with the on-off light operation and reverses function. You can lighten your garage with attached LED light and reversible airflow for winter and summer.
- Large 60″ blade span with 22-degree blade pitch, the airflow of 5627 CFM
- Great look a Mid-Century modern or industrial-themed home
- Energy-efficient, only 19 Watt consumption.
- Attached LED light and reversible airflow
- 6 Speed Hand Removes for control.
1. Hunter Fan 59262 Contemporary Ceiling Fan
Topping our list is the powerful contemporary ceiling fan from Hunter Fan. This Hunter Fan comes with a beautiful 3 matte silver and black willow blades for a powerful airflow of 5500 CFM airflow. It is extremely energy-efficient with an exceptional whisper-quiet motor for you to enjoy peaceful work or uninterrupted fun in your garage.
This stylish fan comes with a reversible motor that allows you to change the direction of your fan. It is ETL damp-rated for use both indoor and outdoor with stainless steel hardware to resist rust. You can easily install this with 3 position mounting system allows for standard, low, or angled mounting. It includes a pull chain that allows for quick and easy on/off and speed adjustments. This Hunter fan performs twice the recommended testing to ensure the ceiling fan is long-lasting to daily usage.
- Powerful airflow of 5500 CFM airflow yet energy-efficient
- Exceptional whisper quiet and reversible motor
- ETL damp rated, stainless steel hardware to resist rust
- Easy installation with 3 position mounting system: standard, low or angled mounting
- The pull chain allows for quick and easy on/off and speeds adjustments.
- Beautiful 3 matte silver and black willow blades
That concludes our reviews of the top 10 best garage ceiling fans in the market right now. We hope this article has given you sufficient information to help you decide which garage ceiling fan would best fit your need. Remember to consider its size, moisture protection rate, and airflow to ensure you will not feel the discomfort working in your garage. Enjoy shopping for the right garage ceiling fan of your choice!